Designs and Copyright
- Our attorneys have considerable experience in all aspects of the law relating to designs, including registered designs, unregistered design rights and copyright. We have dealt with design issues for products like toys, medical devices, footwear and clothing, containers for food and drink as well as shaped foods, and lighting systems.
- We advise on every aspect of designs, including searches for registered rights throughout the world, particularly in Europe, UK and USA.
- We can file registered design applications throughout the world, and advise on infringement and revocation of registered rights.
- We can handle the renewals of your design registrations, as well as the transfer (assignment) of rights and the granting of licences.
- Strategic advice can be provided on the management of design portfolios, including advising on budgeting.
- Advice can be provided on copyright entitlement , correct notification and enforcement of copyright.
- Our specialist copyright attorneys are Anne Lacaze, Alec Messulam and Julia D'Arcy
Helping untangle the Intellectual Property web.
We'll help you keep up to date with the latest IP news and laws.
The President of the EPO has recently decided that, from 1 January 2023, oral proceedings by video conference will become the default position in opposition proceedings. This reduces the cost associated with oral proceedings, making them more accessible and sustainable.
The European Unitary Patent Convention is due to come into effect in 2023. The default position is that any European Patent granted after 1 March 2007 will fall under the jurisdiction of the new Unified Patent Court unless opted out. The Unified Patent Court (UPC) will offer a centralised court system not just for the … Read More
Currently EPO rules stipulate that most notifications are considered to have been notified 10 days after the date of the notification. The EPO have recently announced that this 10 days rule will cease to be in effect from 1 November 2023. Under the new rules the deemed date of delivery will be the date of … Read More